Thursday, 27 October 2016

Gym Update: My Third Month Of Personal Training

Hi guys!

Thanks so much to everyone for all of the comments about my article that was featured in The Irish Times on Tuesday. The response was amazing :) I've wanted to write a post about how the gym has been going and I finally have a break from assignments to do it! 

In August, I started personal training with Marcus Bertels at the Ben Dunne gym in Northwood and I can't believe how much my strength and stamina is after building up since then. If someone had said to me last year that I'd be doing 100-kilo leg presses, I would have laughed in their face. 

Over the past three months, I've lost nearly half a stone. I wasn't overweight but I wanted to lose fat, gain muscle and tone up, which is what I've done. I don't count calories but I try to keep my carb intake low and my protein intake high. I think giving up fizzy drinks has been one of the main factors in my weight loss. I used to drink something fizzy nearly every day and now it's a treat when I do. 
When I think about it, my whole diet has completely changed and I have so much more energy because of it. My skin has improved and it's definitely down to what I put into my body. Two of my friends that I hadn't seen in a couple of months saw me the other day and commented about my skin and weight loss and it really encourages you to keep going when people compliment you about the change.

I could talk about the benefits of going to the gym forever but getting out there and joining a gym is one of the best things you can do for yourself; physically and mentally. I can guarantee that once you find a workout routine or class that you enjoy it will become something that you can't live without! 

I wrote a post about a colonoscopy that I had last month. I'll be back soon to update you all about the results of it as the biopsy results are back next week! 

Have a great Halloween! 

Clara