Saturday, 26 March 2016

Review: Chatterbox Clara Goes To Featherblade

Featherblade Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

I booked a table online because I had read about it being hard to get a table at times so I wanted to make sure that there was no possibility of being turned away! I had heard nothing but brilliant things about the steak in Featherblade so I had to go and experience it for myself. As I walked in the door the first thing that struck me was the casual ambiance. I had expected it to look completely different! 

We were seated at a small table near the door and presented with a sheet of paper which was the menu. The waitress came back after a short time and we ordered our meal. We each had the featherblade steak with bearnaise sauce and shared three sides which were chips, mac and cheese and broccoli. 

The food came to the table after about 15 minutes. We both asked for the steaks to be cooked medium-well and we both felt that the steak was a bit overcooked. I will definitely ask for it to be cooked medium the next time that I go back. The steak was tasty but I saw another diner eating the hanger steak (the other option available on the menu) and it looked full of flavour! I wasn't the biggest fan of the bearnaise sauce with the steak but it was nice with the chips. I'm a huge mac and cheese lover and it was one of the better that I have had, although, not the best. 


                             

After the main course, the waitress came back and asked if we would like to order dessert and we decided that we would share one between the two of us. We waited for about 25 minutes and then thought that the waitress must have forgotten about it. Nobody came down near our table for another 10 minutes or so. The waitress seemed to have gone off of her shift so when I got the attention of a staff member we just asked for the bill. 

I will go back to Featherblade to try the hanger steak, I enjoyed the featherblade steak. The value is fantastic, I haven't had any other steak like it for €13. I just felt that the service could have been better and made the experience slightly less enjoyable.