Saturday, 12 March 2016

Review: Chatterbox Clara Goes To Arthur Maynes

Arthur Maynes Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

I went to my first Zomato meet up recently in Arthur Maynes in Donnybrook and what a delightful experience it was! We were welcomed with the choice of a tasting of cocktails or craft beers. I chose to have the flight of mini cocktails which were robust and stylish. The barman David talked us through each cocktail with great knowledge and his passion for his profession shone through.  

                                                                                  
                                       
                                 
We were then moved into a small, private dining area for our meal and presented with an amuse-bouche. I thought that the flavours were a little overpowering and found them to be my least favourite part of the dining experience. I then chose to have the pan fried prawns which were served with a parsley and garlic puree sauce and herbs salad. I thought that they were succulent and I loved the combination of flavours in this course. 


For my main course, I had the Midaza Stout Toulouse style sausages - a speciality at Arthur Maynes which the chef recommended. They were served on top of a bed of creamy mash potato and button mushrooms. This was my favourite course and I can't wait to devour the sausages again! 



For dessert, I had the deconstructed chocolate and oreo cheesecake. It was a creamy delight and any chocolate lovers dream! The bread and butter pudding was a huge hit at the table with one of the other diners saying it was the best that they had ever had! Throughout the meal, we were served by a lovely guy called Peter who was outstandingly good at his job! Overall, it was a wonderful night and it was great to meet other members of the Zomato community! I'm looking forward to returning to Arthur Maynes.